Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
Leidos is looking for a Full Cycle Web Developer to work on-sight in support of the Civil Rights Division.
- Working directly with Government staff and/or under the direction of the, as well as the Leidos Systems Manager.
- Designs entire system to meet defined requirements.
- Works out the details of functional and design requirements, systems design, programming specifications, data elements, data validation specifications, data capture mechanisms, and data conversion procedures through discussions with Government staff and own superiors.
- Translates the functional requirements into systems designs suitable for development of appropriate computer programs.
- Tests software, including preparation and use of sample data for testing purposes.
- Makes presentations of findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and in oral presentations.
- Develops systems documentation required in the task orders.
- Consults with Government staff and with other Contractor staff to assure understanding of task objectives, identifies problems and suggests improvements.
- Provides technical expertise, direction and supervision to lower level personnel.
- Reports on progress to Government staff and to superiors.
- Provides user and technical documentation and training for systems developed.
Please Note: Position is 100% onsite (as soon as Washington, DC Metropolitan area is open).
- Bachelor's and at least 8 years of experience.
- Must demonstrate substantial, hands-on, successful experience in actually doing the work on the systems being used, usually at least eight years of such experience.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Server, User Interface Design, web design and technology security, relational database exposure and OO principles.
- Candidate should have strong editing background and ability to work with multiple groups across the Civil Rights Division.
- Responsible for web based application development, maintenance, and support for corporate Intranet and application systems using cost effective techniques.
- Developing, maintaining and supporting web-based .applications for corporate Intranet and application systems.
- Working with stakeholders and requirements analysts to understand business needs.
- Designing and documenting technical specifications.
- Designing and developing SQL Server/Oracle database structures and processes.
- Working closely with other programmers and DBAs.
- Coding web applications.
- Working with quality assurance staff to address issues found.
- Designing and implementing appropriate security access procedures.
- Developing Mobile Applications using Android or iOS; Rewriting several large classic ASP applications to ASP.NET technology.
- Performing unit testing on each module based on test specifications.
- Updating program and test case specifications for any discrepancies.
- Providing feedback on user interfaces, critical business rules and functionalities.
- Knowledge of latest technologies and languages such as MVC, Entity Framework, JQuery, Bootstrap, and HyperText Markup Language (HTML5).
- Must be a US Citizen,
- Must be able to obtain a NACI.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.