Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer for a position in the Reston, VA area. The Software Engineer must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered. The Software Engineer will work closely with members of two business analytic units to support identified data needs, and coordinate with a data services team to ensure the proper population of business data in the target data science environment. These business analytic units are responsible for ingesting, analyzing, parsing and conditioning data to populate a common data layer using modern DevOps principles, and creating efficient data structures to support data science activities, which feed into data points that assist executive leadership with executing tactical and strategic business decisions.
1. Creation of data ingestion workflows.
2. Using the data ingestion framework provided by the data services team to streamline the addition of new data sets.
3. Maintaining the data pipeline supporting analytic capabilities developed by the business analytic teams to ensure that data continues to flow into the system on a reliable basis and in concert with the frequency in which source data is updated.
4. Creation of efficient data structures, in line with the data services team’s best practices that can be used to streamline access to common business and analytical functions.
5. Providing technical support to members of the business analytic teams; applying knowledge gained from interaction with users to improve and advance the analytic environment by engaging with the environment DevOps team to ensure evolving needs/capabilities are being captured and developed.
- Requires a BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Demonstrated experience with Python and Java
- Demonstrated experience with general Linux computing and advanced bash scripting
- Demonstrated experience with AWS services
- Demonstrated experience constructing complex multi-data source SQL queries on a variety of relational database technologies, for example, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc
- Demonstrated experience Defining and implementing robust and scalable data structures to support centralized data repositories that enable data science and data analytic activities
- Demonstrated experience with code repositories and build/deployment pipelines, specifically using Jenkins and/or Git
- Demonstrated experience developing data pipelines to bring data into a central environment in support of multi-member teams comprised of data scientists and data analysts
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and/or Apache Spark stack for big data processing
- Demonstrated experience with Nifi
- Demonstrated experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or similar container frameworks
- Demonstrated experience with advanced data storage formats
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau, Apache superset, and/or other similar data visualization tools
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.