Leidos is seeking a Load Balancing and Traffic Manager Administrator to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The Load Balancing and Traffic Manager Administrator provides technical network administration and operations to deploy, operate and maintain highly available local and global traffic management. This role maintains enterprise network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role implements upgrades and works with others across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical as well as ensures normalization.
This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, and appropriate documentation to ensure network services are available. This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources. Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, and implementation of critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Ensure Secure Socket Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) offloading and brokering PKI authentication features provided by the F5 appliance is operational.
- Ensure load balancing configurations and PKI certificates are backed up
- Alert load balancing and reverse proxy customers prior to PKI certificate expiration
- Create, manage and troubleshoot load balanced IP address spaces
- Develop, collaborate, and implement technical solutions.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Develop and update technical solutions, operations, and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Knowledge of standards, concept sand tools to be able to complete technology assignments to include F5 appliances.
- Domain and working technical knowledge to ensure load balancing configuration and PKI certs are backed-up.
- Experience creating, managing, and troubleshooting load balanced IP address spaces.
- Experience working independently on technical network activities in support of a client.
- Experience interfacing with team members on requirements and solutions.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years or a Master’s Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.