Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
As more and more businesses start moving their respective functions to the cloud, technical experts are required to build, maintain, and implement cloud services. These cloud engineers use their technical know-how, business knowledge and experience to provide the most optimal cloud solution for their projects and customers. Be our Cloud Engineer and provide technical engineering management in our Reston, VA and Bethesda, MD customer locations. You will be responsible for technical duties such as infrastructure design, planning, management, maintenance and support associated with cloud computing and work closely with Architects, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage our cloud solution, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation. If this is your dream job read more.
Fun stuff you get to do on the job:
- Work with our engineering and infrastructure teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the program
- Plan, design, implemen and supervise our on-prem to cloud migration solution, in classified environment
- Migrate and manage cloud environments in accordance with our security guidelines
- Deploy and debug cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills
- Build and design web services in the cloud
- Orchestrate and automate cloud-based platforms throughout the program
- Coordinate with D3P team to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery.
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in systems engineering
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Extensive experience with Commercial Cloud Services (C2S)
- Experience migrating applications to C2S
- Extensive knowledge of classified environment’s security enclave
- Experience with cloud-based services, preferably AWS
- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working with Linux operating system
- Experience in a Cloud Architect or Engineer role or related position
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or IT related discipline
- Experience with designing optimized hybrid cloud migration strategies
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience with micro services architecture
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- Experience with big data applications
More about our Program:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.