As a Leidos Division Systems Administrator Lead, you will provide information technology support to the US Army Corps of Engineers through the AIES-NG program.
AIES-NG provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 end users.
Our Leidos team designs, engineers and operates a worldwide data network, in addition to providing direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency information technology resources and services at more than 1,500 locations in the continental U.S., Pacific Ocean Division headquarters, Honolulu District and Alaska District.
Important: This role can be based remotely but would need to be based in the Southeastern or Northeastern geographical area of the United States.
How You Will Make A Difference:
In this role of Division Systems Administrator Lead, your mission will be to supervise, manage, and train a team of Windows Systems Administrators providing systems administrative and technical support to multiple divisions, each consisting of several districts (with attached field offices).
You will have direct supervisory responsibility for a team working across a large geographical area, using a variety of communication tools to lead the team remotely while working closely with other members of the management team for the divisions in your area of responsibility.
The Division Systems Administrator Lead works closely with government partners to ensure the Systems Administrator team is meeting customer needs and contractual requirements, as well as providing technical expertise and direct management of deliverables.
The Windows Systems Administrator teams support Windows servers, Active Directory accounts and groups, Exchange mailboxes, and storage management, as well as coordinating with Enterprise Operations teams to meet the needs of the districts and divisions.
- Serve as member of the Field Operations management team providing support for multiple districts across one or more divisions.
- Primary escalation point for district and divisional issues related to Windows Systems Administration support and assisting with escalation for Enterprise Operations support.
- Escalate issues to the Division Manager as required.
- Provide technical guidance on support needed for additionally funded projects and manage direct-reports assigned to those projects.
- Provide training and guidance on documented processes and procedures, and contribute to updating and creating technical and process documentation as needed.
- Manage ticketing system for Windows Systems Administrator ticket queue, including district and divisional incidents and requests, and local Service Delivery requirements.
- Leadership of Windows Systems Administrator team during security assessments and audits.
- Guidance and management of Windows Systems Administrator team during fulfillment of their duties, which include:
- Provide divisional support via Systems Administrator ticket queue and work as part of divisional team to provide enterprise-level support.
- Active Directory (AD) accounts and groups, network storage, servers, and Exchange accounts.
- Primary POC for infrastructure changes for district servers, storage, network, and telecom, as well as projects and outages for same.
- Manage and monitor district server infrastructure to ensure consistent operation and serve as subject matter expert on district servers, storage, network, and telecom needs and issues.
- Active participation in security assessments and audits.
- Coordinate and work with network administrators to ensure smooth operation
- Provide technical expertise to local government partners and Field Operations personnel.
- Maintenance of system documentation
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space
- Have oversight of installation and backup recovery
- Ensure data network availability
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Current DoD 8570 Certification, IAT Level II (Comptia Security +CE and 1 qualifying Computing Environment certification; ex. Microsoft MCP certified, Comptia A+).
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including in training and onboarding.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to manage and lead a remote, geographically disperse team of IT professionals.
- Ability to take initiative on improvements to processes and services.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Interim Secret Clearance is required prior to start.
- Experience with:
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 and Windows networking infrastructure.
- Active Directory
- Networking Technologies (DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- Virtual technologies such as VMWare
- Additional server or enterprise administration certifications (MCSA, MCSE, equivalent).
- Prior leadership experience.
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT/AIES-NG experience.
- Experience working in a DoD environment.
- Cisco Telephony / Router Solutions.
- Network equipment (Cisco preferred) experience.
- Experience with IIS or similar web-hosting technologies.
- Experience configuring HP, Lexmark, or Ricoh network printers and multi-function devices.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.