Leidos is seeking a mid level System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The System Administrator will support data center operations. The System Administrator will rack and stack equipment, support upgrades and consolidations, ensure power is transferred if there is a power failure, and provide general data center system administrator support. They will support hybrid cloud-hosting alternatives. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers.
- Be able to work with and employ rack level, redundancy levels and techniques, rack standards, properties and selection criteria, and power rail/strip options, cold aisle/hot aisle containment, and standards for fire suppression, security and safety.
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of mobile devices. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and schedule.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel. Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Mentor junior team members and may supervise others.
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Experience working in a data center.
- Knowledge of data center standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of power infrastructure layout from generation to rack level, redundancy levels and techniques, rack standards, properties and selection criteria, and power rail/strip options, cold aisle/hot aisle containment, and standards for fire suppression, security and safety.
- Experience with Tier 2 system administration.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Experience with support ticket management systems.
- Experience mentoring and/or supervising others.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.