The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a LAN/ CompTIA Technical Trainer who possesses at least a DoD Secret clearance. This position will support the Marne Mission/Command Network University (MMCNU) Ft. Stewart, GA providing subject matter expertise in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and maintain a high level of technical and instructional expertise in the subject area assigned. This position will interface with military students to train the latest system curriculum for military training preparedness to setup, configure, operate, and maintain the system in the field. In addition, a successful candidate will use their military training and system experience, combined with their commercial training certifications to inject evolving curriculum with the latest commercial principals, enabling students to sit for commercial exams at the conclusion of training.
Primary Responsibilities: Will act as primary instructor for LAN/ CompTIA Certification courses.
Coordinate with Government customers to identify needs, develop specifications for content of courses, and implement training programs.
Adapt training materials into system-specific curriculum to ensure the training program reflects application features
Develop course materials and determine appropriate training methods or activities.
Update course documentation and user guides on a continuous basis to ensure relevance of system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system usage.
- Perform as primary instructor for CompTIA courses to include A+, Network+, and Security+, CCENT certification courses.
- Classroom set-up to support each individual class. All classrooms maintained in ready-state prior to the start of each day. Books, equipment and supplies are arranged properly for each student and establish an environment conducive to learning.
- Using the “train the trainer” curriculum, instruct participants in classroom lectures, labs, and coaching/tutoring to produce competent trainees for all operational aspects for the assigned C4ISR system.
- Test and evaluate participants to measure their learning progress and the effectiveness of training programs.
- Follow up to determine applicability of course material, including developing criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Prepare After Action Reports (AARs) detailing the training provided and course statistics including number of students, pass/fail ratio, and student end-of-course survey score.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with 2 or more years of experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Must have classroom instructor experience.
- Any certifications to include CCNA, Security+, A+, and Network+, CCENT
- Familiar with US ARMY WIN-T subsystems: SIPR-NIPR Access Point (SNAP), , Secure Mobile Anti-Jam Reliable Tactical-Terminal SMART-T), Joint Network Node (JNN), Battalion Command Post Node (BNCPN), POP, SNE, RHN, SATCOM, Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT)