Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Network Security Administrator to support the DISA GSM-O program at The Mark Center in Alexandria, VA.
As the Network Security Administrator, you will provide support for all Cyber Security equipment associated with network and endpoint monitoring to include Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Packet Capture, Net Flow, and Session systems, servers, appliances, and to manage the project execution for the evaluation of new technologies for life cycle replacement and potential future use.
- Coordinate with local change and control boards and provide installation, configuration, engineering, administration, and accreditation documents/diagrams for the infrastructure life cycle replacements upgrades, enhancements, and new technology deployments
- Coordinate with Operations and Engineering and provide technical support for all in-line devices to include Taps, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS), Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS), and other in-line devices impacting the security monitoring of JSP networks
- Update infrastructure and rack elevation diagrams
- Maintain Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance on all security devices
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment
- Perform systems engineering functions for new system development efforts or critical system enhancements and patches engineering and configuration management processes
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience (4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain up to TS/SCI clearance.
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification prior to starting
- DoD 8570 CSSP-Infrastructure Support certification
- SIEM or Server/OS administration certification
- Understanding of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
- Minimal scripting/coding experience in Python, bash, PowerShell, or other popular and common language
- Limited mastery of Windows or Linux command line tools
- Familiarity proactive and passive network monitoring and defense technologies
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Must be available for on-call support as required
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
- Experience and familiarity with change control processes
- Ability to both create and understand network topology and rack elevation diagrams
- Bachelor’s degree in associated field
- Hold and maintain an active Top Secret\SCI clearance.
- Experience supporting JSP, DISA, or other programs at the Pentagon.
- Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols.
- SQL programming experience
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.