Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill an administrative position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs. The Executive Administrative Assistant will manage activities contributing to the successful execution of a nuclear deterrence program and be responsible for maintaining and coordinating routine and exceptional deliverables for the Federal program managers.
This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated office management expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success. Key attributes include initiative as well as critical thinking to identify and prioritize actions to assist the federal program managers to be successful in achieving program goals.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
- On behalf of the federal managers, operate as the primary point of contact for the program office for all interfacing organizations and functions.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external program participants in writing, on the phone, and in person to assist the Federal Program Manager to accomplish critical program related decisions.
- Prepare and distribute office correspondence, briefings, weekly activity reports, visit requests and other office documents as required.
- Arrange schedules, venues, and participants for monthly and quarterly program reviews.
- Coordinate program office management activities including federal managers’ schedules, meetings, correspondence, travel arrangements, records management, and other office duties as assigned.
- Process and securely handle controlled and classified correspondence and documents.
- Coordinate onboarding of federal and contractor staff.
- Manage basic budgeting documents.
- Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience.
- Skills in independently resolving issues in a manner that promotes program goals.
- Demonstrated persistence in following-through on action items and open issues to full closure.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and SharePoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence, briefings and program plans for senior and executive managers.
- Demonstrable capabilities to undertake the responsibilities listed in the description.
- Related experience in a government, DOE, or military office.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.