Leidos is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Newport, Rhode Island! You will participate in team efforts in support of U.S. Government and commercial clients on contracts for marine system design, development, testing, integration, documentation and maintenance.
You will be working on problems of moderate scope supporting requirements definition, design, development, and testing of integrated oceanographic and geophysical data acquisition, and data processing systems.
As part of the Software Engineering Team you may be required to support at seas operations and some international travel may be required. Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for obtaining a U.S. Government Security clearance to the level of SECRET.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Candidates should have up to two years’ experience developing software using C or C++ on Linux or Windows operating systems.
- Candidate must have a strong background in computer-based system integration and networking and be capable of supporting software quality initiatives
- Must possess two years of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI®) familiarity
- Related experience (may include coursework); strong background in mathematics, physical sciences, computer-based system integration and networking, and structured software development .
- Experience with ANSI C Programming language on Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Previous experience in the ocean sciences field is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with user interface design, development, and/or testing is highly desirable.
- Previous software development experience using Qt, OpenGL, Java, X Windows, TCL/TK, is highly desirable.
- Background in object-oriented software design and development is beneficial.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.