Leidos is seeking mid/senior-level System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The System Administrator will support operations across multiple geographic locations. The System Administrator provides systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large network enterprise, multi-enclave environment. This administrator will operate, maintain, validate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues associated with client agent health for all SCCM solutions ensuring that collection management is optimized to minimize collection evaluation times. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers.
- Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems.
- Operate, maintain, validate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues associated with client agent health for all SCCM solutions ensuring that collection management is optimized to minimize collection evaluation times.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Establish comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor junior teammates and may supervise others.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and schedule.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel. Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle complex service inquiries and problems.
- Experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: knowledge of desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software.
- Knowledge of IC IT standards and best practices.
- Experience operating, maintaining, validating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues associated with client agent health for all SCCM solutions ensuring that collection management is optimized to minimize collection evaluation times.
- Experience with Scripting/Automation
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Experience with support ticket management systems.
- Experience reviewing other peoples work.
- Experience supervising and mentoring others.
- SCCM certification
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- ITIL Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.