The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Supporting the SENS3 team, the candidate will provide O&M support for network, server, virtual machine, and system management to include the following:
- Provide the technical services necessary to engineer, operate, deploy, and maintain HSDN and C-LAN servers and virtual machines (VMs
- Provide remote operations and management of servers
- Perform onsite engineering and maintenance as required for systems hosted at DC1
- Create, configure, test, deploy, and monitor VMs to provide infrastructure services and meet capacity and performance requirements
- Provide infrastructure services to allow the creation, configuration, deployment, monitoring, and separation of content management services for HSDN customer content to be accessed internally and externally
- Monitor all VMs for operational status and utilization
- Conduct preventive maintenance on existing server assets
- Coordinate with data center contractors as required to provision, maintain, and retire server assets
- Replace existing server components with newer, better maintained technologies to avoid obsolescence, in accordance with the Technology Refreshment Plan
- Provision and/or decommission servers and virtual machines to meet capacity and utilization needs
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with networks and performing System and Server administration
- Must be Familiar with Windows System administration tools and processes
- Knowledge in coordinating problem resolution and working across IT functional areas
- Proven Ability to manage multiple task/events simultaneously and deliver on time.
- DHS Experience
- Networking Certification
- Microsoft Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.