The Cross Domain Solutions Subject Matter Expert (SME) position is for an experienced, innovative, and highly skilled engineer in Cross Domain Solution implementation, development, and forward-leaning thinking. This individual will join a team of a dozen CDS engineers supporting the Department of Homeland Security CDS solutions performing the stand-up and support of 15+ Component missions, four different CDS platform technologies, and seven different enterprise applications. This individual will build upon previous CDS experience and take on one or more of the following roles: a customer solution champion; the senior POC for DHS components; expertise in developing and standing-up mission threads; understanding and the ability to develop and support the transfer of different data schemas across instantiated data threads; scripting in powershell, JAVA and/or other development language expertise; networking expertise; and forward-leaning thinking.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing SME level technical leadership in the specific domain of Cross Domain Solutions – preferably in the areas of the Forcepoint High Speed Guard, OASIS, and/or the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) cross domain ISSE technologies.
- Provide SME level solutioning skills into customer engagements helping DHS components understand the CDS solutions and what they must do to help stand-up their missions.
- Lead one or more CDS mission stand-ups
- Provide consulting support to the team on cross domain solutions, methodology, and technology
- Train other team members
- Develop portions of a CDS solution to include thread development, scripting, and other innovative solutions required to meet custom DHS Component needs
- Prototyping new CDS-related technologies
- Integrating new CDS platforms into existing solutions
- Performing Operations and Maintenance functions
- Providing direct support to customers on mission operations.
- Developing and/or enhancing tools to improve the situational awareness of mission operations
- Possess a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- A BS degree or equivalent experience and seven years of prior relevant experience with some of that experience with Cross Domain Solutions. Four years of additional industry experience can be substituted for the degree
- At least two years of experience working with directing customer engagement
- Ability to obtain a DHS Suitability or EOD (Entrance on Duty)
- Highly skilled with Linux and powershell with other software skills to be applied in full-stack development efforts
- An understanding of networking and the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt to change quickly
- Must have a disposition for encouraging innovative and “out of the box” thinking
- Excellent writing, verbal, and customer presentation skills
- Adept at using the MS Office Tool Suite
- An Bachelors Degree in a STEM program
- Four years of prior experience with Cross Domain Solutions
- Prior DHS experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.