Leidos is seeking a mid-level Peripheral Testing and Accreditation Engineer to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The Peripheral Testing and Accreditation Engineer provides technical hardware compatibility testing and accreditation. This role ensures new system connectivity by testing hardware compatibility and applying RMF+ processes.
This role is responsible for technical testing planning, verification and validation, and fielding of new hardware to ensure compatibility. This individual will make sure all new drivers are compatible with the current build.
- Develop, collaborate, and implement technical testing plans and suggest solutions.
- Evaluates testing results.
- Apply RMF+ process to testing.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Review and evaluate junior team member’s work.
- Provide general network administration mentoring and training to 24/7/365 personnel.
- Develop and update technical solutions, operations, and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Mentor and possibly supervise junior team members.
- Experience establishing plans that meet project objectives.
- Knowledge of standards, concepts, and tools to be able to complete technology assignments.
- Experience hardware testing using RMF+.
- Experience documenting testing results.
- Experience working independently on testing activities in support of a client.
- Experience interfacing with team members and clients on requirements and solutions.
- Experience reviewing other technical work.
- Experience mentoring and supervising junior team members.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph or be willing to take.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.