Leidos is seeking a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Analyst / Air Traffic Controller to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the Western Service Center location Des Moines, WA. Due to the technical subject matter of aviation operations, the selected candidate will have previous designation as a Certified Professional Controller. Routine duties will include research, editing, and preparation of written responses in accordance with all applicable FAA writing standards and guidelines.
Specific duties will include:
- Review FOIA requests for legitimacy and scope.
- Computes or verify FOIA related fees.
- Conduct effective record searches, which may include air traffic radar and air traffic audio records.
- Prepare FOIA package of information evaluated appropriate for disclosure.
- Monitor and comply with completion dates and deadlines.
- Conduct technical review of complex FOIA cases involving the interpretation of directives or past precedents.
- Review FOIA appeal documentation for legal, regulatory, and procedural compliance.
- Coordinate and consult with subject matter experts to fulfill requests regarding the composition and development of a variety of written responses.
- Provide editorial support and technical writing of official documents for the FOIA team.
Additional duties may include:
- Drafting responses to Congressional Inquiries to the FAA of topics of an aviation nature.
- Researching inquiries to the FAA Hotline.
- A Certified Professional Controller in either a civilian OR military environment.
- Usually requires Bachelor’s Degree OR 12 years of relevant exempt experience will be considered (Training and/or Experience) in lieu of degree will be acceptable.
- Strong writing skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information of an aviation nature to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to analyze aircraft flight data and interpret compliance with standard Air Traffic Control procedures.
- Ability to manage strict timelines.
- Ability to follow and apply precise electronic record keeping.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Govt Compliance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.