Leidos currently has an opening for and Electrical Engineer to work at the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA. The Aerial Delivery Engineering Support Team (ADEST) currently has a new timing circuit board in development for use in airdrop. The electrical engineer will act as project manager on ADEST and coordinate with the developers to ensure the circuit design is as requested theoretically and physically. They will further support ADEST mechanical engineers in the assembly and testing of the boards in the newly design electro-mechanical timer.
- Establish a standardized technical data package (TDP) set for all electronic components.
- Support engineers with inspections and review of test reports and certifications of conformance for all electrical components
- Generate Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for TDPs and assist the drafting staff in seeing them through to completion.
- Act as project manager on ADEST and coordinate with the developers to ensure the circuit design is as requested theoretically and physically.
- ADEST also works to certify loads for airdrop and helicopter sling load. On a case-by-case basis, the employee may be asked to perform some basic energy studies in support of certification.
- B.S. Electrical engineering, minimum 5 years experience with demonstrated experience with low voltage DC circuit design and components, understands general circuits, has a working knowledge of printable circuit board (PCB) fabrication.
- Relevant hands-on experience with Printed Circuit Board manufacturing techniques.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
- Excellent communication skills
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
Preferable the candidate will have some PCB development experience, knowledge of electronic technical data packages and requirements, and integral knowledge of Gerber Format Specification.
Preferable the candidate will have experience working with Army drawings and Military commodities
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.