Lead all aspects of a product’s design, in an agile work environment, utilizing other designer’s expertise as deemed necessary. Work with product managers to perform necessary user research and specify user interfaces using iterative design techniques. Leverage and contribute to a developing Design System of components to ensure consistency across the product ecosystem.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, and work collaboratively with design to create mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experience.
- Research, conceive and user-test experiences
- Work collaboratively to deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized with a mobile-first approach
- Identify issues with the existing experience and devise solutions
- Make strategic user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features
- Track success of experience focused changes and iterate as necessary to improve performance.
- Communicates large and complicated concepts to UX and other teammates easily. Is able to adjust communication style to context.
- Works well with other team disciplines and is able to encourage teams to adopt UX design solutions, but also can adapt designs to time and feasibility constraints.
- Creates new content organization schemes and structures and implements them effectively.
- Creates large scale system workflows. All work being clear in purpose, mitigating errors and being easily learnable.
- Facilitates usability sessions independently. Can follow the usability scripts created by someone else to complete testing.
- Conducts UX research interviews, prototype reviews, and surveys with assistance.
- Applies the basics of visual design principles in their design work such as visual hierarchy, proximity, similarity, font selection and color theory.
- Strong commitment to learning. Enjoys independently exploring new topics, problems, prospects and opportunities that present themselves as relevant.
- Builds prototypes using HTML / CSS and has a strong understanding of semantic html and page hierarchy concepts.
- Demonstrates an understanding of visual, layout and content accessibility guidelines in their design work.
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.