Leidos Defense division currently has an opening for a Service Desk Technician. Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Washington, D.C. Service Desk Technician must be able to operate autonomously with minimal supervision in a remote location, and be the single point of contract for the Government Customer in the Pentagon. The overall Service Desk program provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. The Washington D.C. Technician is solely responsible for preforming all of these tasks at the Washington, D.C. Office.
This position will report directly to the Service Desk Lead.
- Provides subject matter expertise, applies knowledge on IT operating systems and all IT Service requirements associated with the Washington, D.C. Office.
- Works independently in a geographically separate location than the rest of the service desk. Coordinates with the Service Desk in Colorado Springs to provide support as the single point of contact in the Washington, D.C. Office.
- Oversees, monitors, and reports on service desk performance (manages the operation of the help desk phone and tracking systems, manages incoming user calls or requests, logs tickets and service requests, reviews incoming tickets and service requests, researches and provides resolution to user problems, escalates tickets and requests to appropriate personnel).
- Develops and implements procedures that support the execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defining roles and responsibilities, knowledge base articles, and reporting schema to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements
- Identifies and implements opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Employs continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
- Maintains Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Establishes/enforces KPI metrics, reports and goals that are aligned with the long-term strategic direction to facilitate the overall customer mission.
- Evaluates IT tickets to determine what the solution, and ensures all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the. creation of the ticket to the successful resolution and provides clear understanding of open ticket status.
- Works with IT support team resources to ensure proper processes are created and followed to inform, track and support our customers
- Communicates with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues.
- Tracks and analyzes trends in Service Desk requests and generates statistical report.
- Identifies problems and implements solutions, to include identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Engages with Government customers, internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues.
- Develops and disseminates help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for internal stakeholders.
- Provides thorough triaging of tickets by liaising with other IT teams.
- Provides written and oral communications, makes recommendations for improving documentation.
- Provides recommendations on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a Service Desk environment.
- MCT Desktop Certification.
- Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards.
- Experience using an ITSM tool to drive service delivery and performance.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members.
- Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management.
- Currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in associated field.
- DoD-8570 IAT III Certification.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.