The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Technology Assessment Project Manager to support efforts for NGEN-R.
The duration of this position is 9-12 months or until completion of the transition. However, we are anticipating these roles to become full time after we complete our transition.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) portion of the contract, which is a Government Owned/Government Operated network with extensive contractor support.
The ideal candidate will have strong management and communication skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Candidates will need to exhibit an understanding of IT project management concepts, inclusive of scope, schedule, cost, resource, communication, risk, and stakeholder management.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of a team of 5 people, in order to analyze current MCEN program execution, determine measures required to improve, or maintain processes in order to meet customer requirements, and facilitate the smooth transition of staff to the new NGEN-R contract. Travel of approximately 50% will be required domestically.
- Manage business and reporting rhythms as needed, gathering required information from subordinate team members
- Employ program management skills, by accurately reporting progress against the baseline, in addition to employing a risk register to identify risks, analyze identified risks, and the develop associated mitigations
- Support the development of teams, inclusive of aligning personnel to basis of estimates, evaluation of candidates, and communicating progress to Program leadership
- Manage program scope in order to meet schedule requirements; responsible for defining resource needs, directing personnel to perform tasks, and reporting progress to Program Management
- Responsible for IT knowledge ensuring that personnel are prepared to assume duties in order to meet defined schedule and scope requirements
- Develop and manage a collaborative work environment, working with personnel to ensure that comprehensive knowledge transfer activities associated with job functions and daily tasks are successfully conducted
- Identify and document skill enhancements/training needed based upon observation of actual performance versus documented site Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage “as-is” information, inclusive of technical baseline documentation, SOPs, local procedures for security/onboarding, workload data (tickets), historical SLR performance and tools used to capture performance metrics
- Responsible for assessing application/facility access requirements
- Support overall resource management tasks; inclusive, but not limited to staff onboarding/off-boarding, weekly time-reporting and approvals
- Establish and maintain transparent and respectful working relationships with customer and Program Management leadership, and subordinates
- BA degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience; additional specific experience my be accepted in lieu of education or degree
- Currently hold a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Familiar with the development and management of program documentation, inclusive of a risk register, standard operating procedures, basis of estimates, and other program documentation
- Prior experience with resource planning labor category requirements, and requisition development
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to coordinate and lead meetings to drive progress associated with assignments
- Ability to understand and execute program baselines, identifying variances, and communicating issues in a timely manner
- Prior personnel management experience with the ability to drive successful completion of projects and deliverables
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to effectively communicate results to leadership and subordinates
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with change management; with the ability to implement processes, while addressing political considerations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to successfully communicate ideas
- PMI Project Management Professional certification
- Prior Marine Corps or Navy experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.