The Leidos AIE team has an opening for a junior warehouse specialist. This opening will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of Access Control Systems (ACS) for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center.
Responsible for performing a variety of warehouse functions to include receipt of material, accounting for the material, storage and then packing and shipment of items to the installations.
Primary duties include:
- Receive, perform inventory and prepare documentation for Goods Receipt
- Store material in the warehouse, broken down by sites
- Kit, wrap and prepare for shipping of material to the sites either by long haul transport or by using overnight delivery services.
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Work under the supervision of the Warehouse Coordinator
- Adhere to safety standards and ensure a safe working area at all times
- Dispose of packing materials, recyclable materials and other debris in the warehouse into appropriate containers
- Interface with customers and visitors
- Supports the Help Desk and Fielding teams as tasked through the Warehouse coordinator.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have a desire to learn and work within a team environment and have less than one (1) year of experience with customer service, ordering and receiving products and working in an environment that requires standing lifting and carrying.
Experience in a customer oriented environment.
Experience in working in a team environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.