Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 34,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018.
The Leidos Defense Group has an exciting Lead Network Engineer opportunity, based in Wiesbaden, Germany. Enterprise Mission Information Technology Services (EMITS) is the follow-on to United States Army Europe (USAREUR) G6 Theater Mission Command Contract (TMCC) II. EMITS is being established to support HQ USAREUR in order to serve USAREUR’s growing need for Command and Control (C2), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence (C5I), and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR).
EMITS offers an opportunity to work in a full spectrum enterprise IT service delivery environment in locations across Europe such as Germany, Poland, Belgium, Latvia, Lithuania, and Ukraine. EMITS provides a unique opportunity to support the Warfighter forward while having the ability to strengthen your IT skills and grow your career with a world class company.
- Serving as the Leidos Lead Network Engineer in support of the USAREUR G6 C4 Operations (C4OPS) Atlantic Resolve (AR) North. The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for the direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership of the network services in Germany, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Ukraine.
- Ensures unclassified and classified networks are ready to support real world operations and exercises across the European theater of operations.
- Access and evaluate information technology systems and make recommendations to management about incorporating systems into the enterprise.
- Manages the design, installation and maintenance of LAN/WAN based networks and security components such as routers, switches and firewalls, and datacenter equipment.
- Coordination with Government site leads and support personnel to resolve service disruption issues and to enhance situational awareness and operational service performance.
- Direction of the day-to-day activities required to deliver end-to-end monitoring, management, administration, and maintenance for site-level services, infrastructure, and / or projects.
- Perform network engineering functions to include conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization of network systems.
- Translate user needs into network solutions, modifications, and upgrades.
- Performance of hiring, supervision, performance assessment as delegated by the Program Manager.
- Support of program reviews and briefings; report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
- Must hold an active Secret/SSBI clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI if required by the customer.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 12+ years or prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Certified Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- DoD 8570/8140M IAT III certification
- Familiar with DoD IT Service Management (ITSM) in Europe.
- Experience leading enterprise ITSM operations and geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated ability implementing and tracking key performance indicators (KPI) and service level agreements (SLA).
- Experience managing DoD NIPRNet and SIPRNet network services.
- Experience in a quality assurance environment that includes, customer satisfaction tracking and continuous service improvement.
- Experience in network and network security design.
- Knowledge in implementing different transport mechanisms such as Tunneling and Encryption.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and troubleshooting different routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Experience using Cisco ISE for TACACS/RADIUS/802.1x/Compliance
- Experience leading complex interdisciplinary systems engineering projects in a Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment, and maintain a positive attitude
- Critical thinking – ability to visualize and articulate end-to-end systems solutions involving multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possession of excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of travelling to international locations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products: Office, Visio, Project, Excel and SharePoint.
- Joint, Combatant Command, Service Component, or North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) staff experience preferred.
- Past experience at USAFRICOM, USEUCOM, USAREUR, or USARAF.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System (BICES), Mission Partner Environment (MPE), Combined Regional Enterprise Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS) and other SEC//REL systems.
- Experience working with Partner Nation/Allied/Coalition members in a defense environment.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Industry recognized Information Technology Certifications and Project Management Certifications: Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council), International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), Project Management Institute (PMI), etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.