Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Systems Engineer to join our team to support a highly visible, fast-paced U.S. Army program based in Aberdeen, MD and Alexandria, VA. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. As a Systems Engineer you will develop and manage systems level requirements, develop operational systems concepts, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems. You will interact with systems users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage systems level requirements, develop operational systems concepts, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
- Interact with users and developers to translate requirements into systems hardware and software design.
- Participate in the development of test strategies, including test automation, test case development, and after action reports.
- Solve engineering problems in DCGS-A and Mission Command environments.
- Plan and perform engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications; supervises team of engineers through project completion; responsible for major technical/engineering projects of higher complexity and importance than those normally assigned to less experienced engineers; coordinates the activities of engineers assigned to specific engineering projects
- Routinely interface with government and contractor personnel to perform system build, system integration, test and evaluation of various Army Geospatial products including the Leidos developed AIMES motion-imagery product
- In coordination with Security and Information assurance procedures, implement safeguard measures to prevent damage and unauthorized modification and disclosure.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information systems, engineering, business or related scientific or technical discipline or equivalent and 6+ years of experience in related discipline. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to maintain the clearance
- Proficient in requirements analysis, design, and coding methodologies; documentation standards; configuration management; DoD software policies; and DoD test and evaluation requirements; real-time operating systems, distributed systems, modeling and simulation; data base design and management, and resource utilization assessment.
- Relevant experience with geospatial software products, including the esri suite of products.
- Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies, including Scrum/Agile and Systems Engineering Processes and Best Practices
- Experience in DevOps environment using Atlassian tool suite.
- Must be able to Track, analyze, and communicate commercial technology trends and recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with virtualized environments and ability to isolate configuration faults
- Knowledge of Distributed Common Ground System -Army (DCGS-A) components with Army Battle Command (ABC) systems and processes preferred
- Detailed level of knowledge of Jira, git hub, confluence, and bamboo for DevOps.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD).
- Familiarity with digital video systems and software, especially AIMES
- Familiarity with software deployment tools, including Puppet
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.