Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 34,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018.
The Leidos Defense Group has an exciting Technical Program Manager opportunity, based in Wiesbaden, Germany. Enterprise Mission Information Technology Services (EMITS) is the follow-on to United States Army Europe (USAREUR) G6 Theater Mission Command Contract (TMCC) II. EMITS is being established to support HQ USAREUR in order to serve USAREUR’s growing need for Command and Control (C2), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence (C5I), and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR).
EMITS offers an opportunity to work in a full spectrum enterprise IT service delivery environment in locations across Europe such as Germany, Poland, Belgium, Latvia, Lithuania, and Ukraine. EMITS provides a unique opportunity to support the Warfighter forward while having the ability to strengthen your IT skills and grow your career with a world class company.
- Serving as the Leidos Technical Program Manager in support of the USAREUR G6 Mission Partner Environment Network Division (MND). The Technical Program Manager is responsible for the direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership of the EMITS program mission partner network services.
- Oversees Network Engineering, Network Administration, Unified Capabilities (UC), Voice Engineering, Virtualization Engineering, Cybersecurity / Information Assurance (IA), and Systems Administration for Allied, Coalition, and Partner networks.
- Responsible for engineering and sustaining a cost efficient Allied/Coalition mission network that is flexible, with robust cybersecurity, and allows for rapid creation and reconfiguration based on mission requirements that will be able to support day-to-day operations, exercises, and transition across all phases of military operations.
- Manage Network Operation (NETOPS) capabilities to provision a persistent interoperable network with episodic and enduring capabilities to synchronize and coordinate coalition operations with NATO Allies and Regional Partners.
- Align USAREUR networks with the NATO Federated Mission Networking (FMN) vision.
- Align USAREUR networks with USEUCOM MPE development of EUCOM’s European Battle Network (EBN) hosted on the DoD CIO provided Virtualized Data Center (VDC).
- Comprehensive site-specific support of day to day operations for the overall multi-million-dollar DoD program, to include managing relationships with local customers, subcontractors, vendors, and staff.
- Manage O&M support of MPE communications systems and networks for the USAREUR mission and EUCOM support to NATO HQs.
- Coordination with Government site leads and support personnel to resolve service disruption issues and to enhance situational awareness and operational service performance.
- Direction of the day-to-day activities required to deliver end-to-end monitoring, management, administration, and maintenance for site-level services, infrastructure, and / or projects.
- Performance and direct project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and reporting required for all assigned projects and requirements; manage direct project control personnel.
- Leadership of weekly service operations or other regular site-level meetings with Government leadership on service performance and / or other operational matters.
- Maintenance of any site-specific processes in place to review, update, and develop documentation for system and network services, data storage operations and maintenance processes and procedures, as well as any recommendations for improvements / changes.
- Guidance, direct performance and reporting of any site-specific operational security functions, as required.
- Coordination with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
- Performance of hiring, supervision, performance assessment as delegated by the Program Manager.
- Support of program reviews and briefings; report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
- Manages program scope, stakeholders, schedule, cost, logistics, and risks.
- Must hold an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI before starting on the program.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 5+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Certified Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP).
- DoD 8570/8140M IAT III certification
- Experience with Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System (BICES), Mission Partner Environment (MPE), Combined Regional Enterprise Information Exchange System(CENTRIXS) and other SEC//REL systems.
- Familiar with DoD IT Service Management (ITSM) in Europe.
- Experience leading enterprise ITSM operations and geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated ability implementing and tracking key performance indicators (KPI) and service level agreements (SLA).
- Experience in a quality assurance environment that includes, customer satisfaction tracking and continuous service improvement
- Experience responding to Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Experience developing and maintaining business relationships in support of capture efforts. Experience leading complex interdisciplinary systems engineering projects in a Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
- Experience accessing and evaluating information technology systems and making recommendations to management about incorporating systems into the enterprise information technology environments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment, and maintain a positive attitude
- Critical thinking – ability to visualize and articulate end-to-end systems solutions involving multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possession of excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of travelling to international locations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products: Office, Visio, Project, Excel and SharePoint.
- Joint, Combatant Command, Service Component, or North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) staff experience preferred.
- Past experience at USAFRICOM, USEUCOM, USAREUR, or USARAF.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), or Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MSCE) certifications.
- ITIL certification
- Experience working with Partner Nation/Allied/Coalition members in a defense environment.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Industry recognized Information Technology Certifications and Project Management Certifications: Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council), International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), Project Management Institute (PMI), etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.