No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for high performing candidate with expertise in strategic materials life cycle processes to support the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs. This is a part-time position located in Albuquerque, NM.
The Strategic Materials Principal Program Analyst provides subject matter expertise regarding program acquisition, use, and disposition of strategic materials. The Program Analyst is responsible for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress and will be expected to provide situational analysis to the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to planning, integrating, and technology advancement.
Specific duties include:
• Advising the federal managers on technical aspects of strategic materials processing and parts production.
• Assisting in evaluation of alternatives.
• Communicating complex concepts to the Federal program manager, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others with diverse technical understanding.
• Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
• Traveling frequently to various locations across the country for meetings.
• Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or other technical field.
• Master’s degree
• 20 or more years of experience with nuclear material technology and production including start-up and operation of facilities and manufacturing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management, senior leadership, and members of Congress and their staff.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience.
• Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
• Program Management Institute certification as a program management professional (PMP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]dos.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.