Leidos has an immediate opening for an R Shiny Developer to contribute to various data science projects working within a cross-functional team for the National Center of Immunization and Respiratory Disease (NCIRD) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, GA.
The R Shiny Developer would analyze various datasets (both unstructured and structured) to determine data relationships, model datasets for loading/storing in relational databases, create new data pipelines and ETL processes, and create R Shiny dashboards and R Markdown documents working closely with the team and NCIRD staff. This position requires an entrepreneurial mindset while working within the CDC’s guidelines and mandates.
- Data wrangling experience in SQL
- Works well individually as well as in a cross-functional team.
- Willingness to learn new skills in R
- Hands on experience in SQL Server Database / SQL Server Management Studio
- Familiarity with Relational Databases
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment
- Ability to work remotely and largely unsupervised, but meet deliverable timeframes under pressure
- Familiarity with the Agile Development methodologies and SCRUM.
- Familiarity with GitLab / GitHub Desktop
- Ability to create intuitive and camera-ready visualizations using R packages such as ggplot, ggplot2, lattice, and plotly
- Familiarity with R packages such as tidyverse, dplyr, maggrittr, rshiny, ggplot2, stringr, purr, and tidyr.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five (5) years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. With a Master’s degree, three (3) years of general experience is acceptable. With a PhD, one (1) year of general experience is required.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- 5+ years of experience in working on Data Science projects
- 4-5 years of experience in R development
- 1-2 years of experience in R Shiny front-end development and R Markdown reports
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.