Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a qualified candidates for the role of VoIP Specialist, DOD 8570 IAT III certified Technician in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. This role is able to report to one of two central office locations: Vicksburg, MS or Hillsboro, OR, work remotely from any U.S. based location with ability to travel 25%.
NOTE: An active Secret Clearance is required for this role. Processing of clearance may be possible, however, preference will be given to those carrying an active clearance
This role will enable mission essential voice operations that facilitate the prompt detection, resolution, escalation and reporting of service impacting events and incidents. We are looking for a telecommunications/voice specialist, experienced in Cisco Unified Communications to construct, install, monitor, repair and maintain communications systems and equipment. The successful candidate will be familiar will telecommunications, telephone and data cables, wiring, circuits, digital computers, industry standard and legacy voice systems and all related systems and devices.
- Capable of operating and maintaining telecommunications/voice systems; supports engineering
- Can balance workload across projects, O&M tasks, incident and work order tickets, service levels
- Able to translate organization and end user requirements and implement solutions using existing telecommunications/voice/computer technology to meet their mission needs
- Meet joint work center service levels, such as end-to-end service levels
- Identify and report when systems are not capable of meeting those service levels, including recommendations to correct
- Evaluate telecommunications/voice systems performance and improve capabilities as needed
- Documenting plans, requests, activities and specifications and reporting on them
- Program features, design telecommunications/voice systems and allocate resources as needed
- Monitor and test systems and peripheral equipment and troubleshoot problems
- Oversee and coordinate telecommunications/voice activities
- Assist lead with budget for electronic equipment, software and resources, including justification
- Able to assist co-workers and service desk technicians solving customer VoIP requirements
- Follows industry’s standards and best practices
- Provide support and coordination of engineering solutions and telecommunications/voice administration for all components associated with ACE-IT telecommunications/VoIP capabilities
- Maintain up to date configuration of all commercial software and hardware relevant to the management of the ACE-IT telecommunications/VoIP capabilities
- Configure and maintain telecommunications/VoIP management platforms
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and analyze telecommunications/VoIP events and the ability to monitor data on the network to provide troubleshooting and event diagnosis
- Develop engineering, deployment and integration plans for new telecommunications/VoIP systems.
- Prepare and submit status reports, and technical briefs, as required, to lead, senior management and customers.
- Provide technical expertise at meetings, as well as documenting project management notes
- Support the VoIP lead developing, revising and updating procedures.
- Interface directly with customer on all telecommunications/VoIP assigned by the VoIP lead
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate with a team of ~10 multi-tiered, multi-site located telecommunications/VoIP technicians.
- Must hold current DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification. Must have at least one of the following: CASP or CISSP.
- Must also hold one of the following CE Certifications: CCIE, CCNP or CCVP.
- 10 years practical work experience as a telecommunications/voice systems specialist
- BS degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or relevant field or equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have ACTIVE Secret clearance. Program may be able to process clearance, but first preference will be given to those with current clearance.
- High Degree of experience with Cisco Unified Communications including UCCX and scripting.
- Hands on experience with all telecommunications/voice systems including peripheral equipment (e.g. CUC, UCCX, networks, PBX, optical fiber, on site controllers, modems, terminals, etc.)
- Requires level of expertise, skills and experience consistent with CCNA requirements
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven; understanding of Service Level Management concepts
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; effectively translates and communicates complex technical information and risks to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team player; Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint), network management systems and databases
- MS degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or relevant field
More about the program
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.