Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 34,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018.
The Leidos Defense Group has an exciting Lead Enterprise Architect opportunity, based in Wiesbaden, Germany. Enterprise Mission Information Technology Services (EMITS) is the follow-on to United States Army Europe (USAREUR) G6 Theater Mission Command Contract (TMCC) II. EMITS is being established to support HQ USAREUR in order to serve USAREUR’s growing need for Command and Control (C2), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, and Intelligence (C5I), and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR).
EMITS offers an opportunity to work in a full spectrum enterprise IT service delivery environment in locations across Europe such as Germany, Poland, Belgium, Latvia, Lithuania, and Ukraine. EMITS provides a unique opportunity to support the Warfighter forward while having the ability to strengthen your IT skills and grow your career with a world class company.
- Serving as the Lead Enterprise Architect in support of the USAREUR G2 Network Operations Division (NOD). The Lead Enterprise Architect is responsible for the direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership of engineering and service delivery of multiple complex intelligence systems for the USAREUR G2.
- Responsible to anticipate and meet USAREUR's intelligence requirements and shape the future of intelligence support to war fighting and drive intelligence requirements throughout the European Theater.
- Responsible to ensure intelligence data is highly available in order to provide intelligence support to land forces in the EUCOM Theater.
- Provides the Government high level architectural expertise and develop architectural products and deliverables in its responsibility to manage current and future operational and exercise architectures for USAREUR intelligence organizations.
- Participates in and assist the customer with operational evaluations of advanced technologies.
- Assist in developing standards, processes, and tools to identify and document intelligence architectural shortfalls, resource requirements associated with current and emerging intelligence systems and concepts, and to assess resources required to achieve target architectures and design.
- Assist USAREUR G2 in implementing / operating a Knowledge Management (KM) process to improve tools and processes for publishing, disseminating, analyzing, and managing of intelligence information.
- Assist in developing, designing, implementing, and transforming intelligence platforms including the European Foundry Site, European Intelligence Readiness Operations Center (IROC-E), Multinational Intelligence Readiness Operations Center (MN-IROC), Global Intelligence Support Activity – Europe (GISA-E) and Combined Intelligence Center (CIC).
- Participate in planning, designing, documenting and implementing Exercise Architectures following the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC) process and provide on-site integration and troubleshooting.
- Provide development and integration support for the USAREUR G2 Enterprise Dashboard.
- Access and evaluate information technology systems and make recommendations to management about incorporating systems into the enterprise.
- Perform engineering functions to include conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization of systems.
- Translate user needs into solutions, modifications, and upgrades.
- Performance of hiring, supervision, performance assessment as delegated by the Program Manager.
- Support of program reviews and briefings; report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
- Must hold an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI before starting on program.
- Bachelors Deggree and 5+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Certified Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP).
- DoD 8570/8140M IAT III certification
- Knowledge of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Experience leading complex interdisciplinary systems engineering projects in a Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
- Familiar with DoD IT Service Management (ITSM) in Europe.
- Experience leading enterprise ITSM operations and geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated ability implementing and tracking key performance indicators (KPI) and service level agreements (SLA).
- Experience in a quality assurance environment that includes, customer satisfaction tracking and continuous service improvement.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment, and maintain a positive attitude
- Critical thinking – ability to visualize and articulate end-to-end systems solutions involving multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possession of excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of travelling to international locations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products: Office, Visio, Project, Excel and SharePoint.
- Joint, Combatant Command, Service Component, or North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) staff experience preferred.
- Past experience at USAFRICOM, USEUCOM, USAREUR, or USARAF.
- The Open Group Architect Framework (TOGAF) certification
- Federal Enterprise Architecture Certification (FEAC) Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA) Black Belt.
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) and System Modeling Language (SysML)
- Knowledge of NIPRNet, SIPRNet, JWICS, Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System (BICES), Mission Partner Environment (MPE), Combined Regional Enterprise Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS) and other SEC//REL systems.
- Experience working with Partner Nation/Allied/Coalition members in a defense environment.
- Industry recognized Information Technology Certifications and Project Management Certifications: Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council), International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), Project Management Institute (PMI), etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.