We are looking for a Hardware Electronics Test Engineer to perform systems engineering for inter-planetary mission flight electronics, with an emphasis on utilizing experience with FPGA test and design to support requirements flow-down activities.
- Performs Safe-To-Mate (STM), Initial-Power-Turn-On (IPTO) and functional testing on the hardware (EM and/or Flight) prior to delivery.
- Execute hardware level test cases and maintains test metrics and verification matrices.
- Define and design functional test cases to verify L6 (board level) and L5 (unit level) requirements and Verification Items (VI) specified in the FDDs.
- Create and maintain test procedures and test scripts for the functional test cases.
- Support problem investigation / resolution.
- Work with in-house manufacturing to resolve hardware defects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) with a minimum 4 years of recent related experience
- Experience or training with industry standard CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) tools for electrical engineering as well as EE lab equipment, including power supplies, signal generators, and Oscilloscopes
- Hands-on experience testing flight electronics at component, board and box level
- Experience with MIL-STD 1553 and RS-422
- Electrical engineering education with an emphasis on Aerospace Industry electronic design, systems test and evaluation or space flight electronics test.
- Training or experience with serial interfaces
- Knowledge or experience working with Commercial Off the Shelf test equipment
- Knowledge or experience with Automated Test Systems
- Knowledge or experience with Linux based systems
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work in team environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.