We are looking for a Cloud Software Engineer. The successful candidate will participate in the design, development and delivery of solutions on AWS technology stack in support of the MGSS AMMOS suite of products.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for developing efficient and highly performant code, developing unit tests to support code coverage requirements, and deliver into a continuous build, integration and deployment environment.
Support existing application development, deployment and automation requests for a subset of products.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or other STEM related discipline and 6 years of related experience.
- Possess solid knowledge of AWS services
- Extensive experience in Application migrations to Cloud with Cloud Native Patterns and provide support for Applications running in Cloud
- Experience in troubleshooting IAM Policies, Resource permissions issues during migrations of Applications
- Experience working with AWS Services Technologies EC2, ALB/ELB, Elastic BeanStalk, ACM, RDS, S3, LAMBDA, API Gateway, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, ElastiCache, Docker and Application Runtimes
- Experience in building with Automation tools such as (Jenkins, Nexus, Maven and JUnit) as well as knowledge with CI/CD pipelines -- GitHub, Maven, Jenkin
- Experience deploying and working with various relational or NoSQL databases
- Knowledge & demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and practice
- Knowledge of ETL process
- Full stack development knowledge utilizing frontend frameworks such as Angular or React and web frameworks such as Django, Flask or Express.
- 5+ years development experience in python or similar scripting language for automation
- 5+ years of experience working with core AWS services.
- Experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture.
- Experience or familiarity with newer AWS data and analytics tools such as AWS Lake Formation, Sagemaker
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.