The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Full Stack Java Developer.
The Software Developer/Engineer will join a small team whose mission is to provide software development expertise to develop a set of tools to support Information Assurance (IA) Architecture Analysis and security engineering activities to support the Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) mission in support of the MPO customer. Leidos will consider candidates interested in working at least a 32 hour work week for this position.
The Software Engineer shall provide software development support for a cyber security related tool that will provide risk assessment teams with a versatile, simple, accurate way to execute the risk assessment process.
- Collaborate with other software developers and security engineers to identify appropriate security analyses, defenses, and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle to help design embedded security features.
Participate in an agile software development team for new systems development including Scrum, sprint planning, reviews, demos, and retrospectives.
Analyze software designs and implementations from a security prospective and identify and resolve security issues
- Identify recommendations for improving security documentation and software development process standards.
- Interface with Product Owner/customers to collect, communicate, and understand requirements during product grooming sessions
- Set up and use of build management and configuration management tools.- Implement attribute and role based access control concepts and techniques.
- Set up and configuration of development environments including software development tools, VMWare, and troubleshooting network and/or machine problems as it pertains to the development environment.
- Requires understanding of secure systems engineering development.
- Develop design documentation including class diagrams, sequence diagrams, use cases, and system architecture documentation.
- Perform trade-off analyses and present options to the customer for review and approval.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 12+ years of experience OR 10+ years with Masters Degree as a Software Engineer on programs and/or contracts with the Federal Government is required.
- The engineer must have experience developing, maintaining and enhancing complex and diverse software systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- The engineer must have Java experience. Other languages may be considered on a case by case basis
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with polygraph
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.