Leidos is seeking an IT Infrastructure Manager in Lanham, MD to support the Internal Revenue Service Modernized eFile contract. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Manager to provide on-program support to a large, complex IT Infrastructure and Services program. The successful candidate will bring significant experience managing the operations and maintenance of large IT environments spread across multi-site physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures; experience in managing IT infrastructure operations for Federal IT customers; and functional proficiency in IT Security, IT software solutions and applications. As an IT Infrastructure leader, candidates will interface with senior program leadership and IT engineers to maximize infrastructure performance, brief senior Federal IT officials, and develop innovative IT solutions.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Primary IT Infrastructure Manager tasked with O&M management of large, multi-site data center and cloud hosted IT infrastructure, including networking, storage, hosting, load balancing, performance optimization, and security compliance, for Federal IT customers
- Leads teams of multidisciplinary IT specialists in execution of program requirements and in meeting all performance targets
- Develops and communicates operational status reports, performance analysis, and ad hoc reporting requirements for internal and external customers
- Ensures appropriate actions are executed for incident management, problem management, asset control, and configuration management
- Ensures security compliance for all production systems through patching and configuration control
- Ensures software and hardware currency for all systems in purview; contributes to developing technical roadmaps for upgrades and technology insertion
- Accountable for change and release control
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum 8 years in senior IT Operations Management roles
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing diverse teams to accomplish IT Operations goals
- A wide range of knowledge across IT domains, including networking, storage, cloud, data center hosting, disaster recovery, and cyber security
- Ability to multitask and manage employees and technology in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Experience in labor and material cost estimating, and budget management
- Excellent customer service capability and communication skills; experience interacting with executive customers
- Must be able to obtain a Internal Revenue Service MBI
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Uptime Institute Accredited Operations Specialist (AOS) or equivalent.
- Experience supporting Federal IT customers
- Experience supporting proposal efforts for Federal customers
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.