The Leidos Spatial Solutions team has an opening for an experienced System Administrator to work on cloud-based systems with a mission operations team. The team is involved in operation and sustainment of multiple operational cloud deployed geospatial solutions. A successful candidate will have experience with installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of cloud-based systems.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will involve responding to user INCs (Incident Reports); Monitor all operational systems and perform routine health checks; Deploy security patches and bug fixes to test and operational environments; update databases with new data; basic system maintenance will be required; assist with software deployments; update operational and security documentation, including troubleshooting guides and SOPs.
- Must currently posses an active TS/SCI Clearance with ability to pass Polygraph post hire
- DOD 8570 Certification (Security+ or equivalent or higher)
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Must have experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of Systems, Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Windows administration
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Experience with ArcGIS/ESRI automation and deployments
- Understanding of RDS and SQL Technology
- AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Certification(s)
- Experience with IC Cloud Architecture implementation methodologies
- Team Collaboration tools and administration (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph