Leidos Military and Veterans Health Solutions (MVHS), part of Leidos Health, seeks an Intermediate Enterprise Security Architect with strong background, skill and expertise combining cybersecurity with knowledge of medical environments, medical devices, and the Internet of Things (IoT). The right candidate will also have had experience creating or contributing to solutions that integrate cybersecurity and specialized information technology spanning clinical, research or administrative settings in the healthcare or allied fields.
Applicants for this remote or telecommuting position can perform this job anywhere in the U.S.
Successful candidates can expect to divide their time between two types of assignments. First, they will assist in researching, developing, authoring and presenting implementing cybersecurity guidance and security architectural standards for the VA Office of Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) Architects may take lead roles in promoting and refining new and existing ESA initiatives, direction and guidance through collaborative activities with other VA departments and stakeholders.
Second, the intermediate security architects will act as cybersecurity health consults to security and privacy features and capabilities to execute architectural risk assessments and create security packages for proposed and existing VA IT systems, environments and devices, spanning concept, design, implementation and post-deployment phases. Architects will interface with key VA stakeholders within the various VA product and security teams. Employees may also provide subject matter expertise from time to time to other Leidos Health teams on an ad hoc basis.
- BA/BS with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in information technology or cybersecurity. An additional 8 years (18 total) of experience can be accepted in lieu of BA/BS.
- Advanced IT cybersecurity certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP, CEH, or the equivalent).
- Candidate must be able to pass a VA High/BI Public Trust background investigation, including a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past seven (7) years.
- Must possess expertise in multiple areas of information technology such as but not limited to: enterprise security architecture, cybersecurity engineering, telecommunications systems design, risk assessments, vulnerability management, cloud technologies, system security, Internet of Things and privacy for both traditional and next-generation IT digital architectures.
- Familiar with creating and interpreting security diagram overlays and updates, determining security requirements, and security mitigation implementation.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cybersecurity practices and trends for US government information technology, especially at VA or DoD, although we value similar cybersecurity experience at other federal agencies or departments.
- Deep familiarity with one or more US government initiatives such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) and Privacy Framework, the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Federal Identity Credential and Access Management (FICAM) or Electronic Health Records Management (EHRM).
- Familiarity with healthcare and medical security and privacy requirements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations governing the use of medical devices as well as other federal mandates.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.