- The Senior Software Engineer serves as the technical lead for all software development efforts.
- Provide guidance in the overall aspects of software development efforts to include data architectures, software assurance, and security.
- Conduct rapid software prototyping to demonstrate and evaluate technologies in relevant environments
- Conduct performance, security, and other aspects of evaluation software systems; test software capabilities using novel testing and analysis techniques
- Document software with an emphasis on architectures, user stories, and interface definitions; practice agile software development methods; support software development infrastructure and assist in building and configuring computing systems and resources;
- Interface with the technical community and other Government entities to understand challenges, needs, and develop solutions
- Contribute to in improving the overall technical capabilities of the FBI’s Computer Network Operations (CNO) mission, by participating in design (software and otherwise) sessions, developing unique capabilities, and sharing insights and practices across Government organizations supporting the CNO mission.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Have demonstrated development proficiency, and/or advance knowledge of computer programming and development system and security practices
- 10 years recent experience in direct performance of a major program, project, or activity relating to computer software development at the user & kernel level, computer programming and/or computer digital forensic
- Working knowledge and experience in agile software development practices and experience on a software development team.
- Demonstrate problem solving ability and the ability to explore and evaluate possible solutions to problems
- 5 years of intensive software development experience in modern languages such as C/C++ or Java.
- Knowledge of other commonly used languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby, and Java Script.
- Working knowledge of modern computing paradigms and environments such as NoSQL systems, cloud computing and virtualization, parallel programing, network programming, mobile development, and interface development.
- Familiar with end-to-end software development activities in Linux/Windows/Unix/Web Environments; software development tools including IDEs (Eclips, IntelliJ, and Emacs); version control systems (GIT and SVN), and bug tracking systems (e.g., Jira, Bugzilla, Fogbugz).
- Possess experience in agile software development practices and team design sessions
- Experience working on a software development team
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with the ability to explore and evaluate many possible solutions to problems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.