Leidos currently has an opening for a Part-Time (24 hrs./wk.) Engineering Technologist to work with the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA.
- Participate in research methods to extend the life cycle of Army Base Camps.
- Collect and analyze data on life span of fabric tents, mechanical pumps, heaters and environmental control units with the goal of improving weapon system life span through new sustainment and storage methods.
- Research methods to improve energy efficiency of equipment in order to reduce fuel, water and labor consumption
- Coordinate engineering and logistical issues between various Army installations
- Collecting, maintaining, organizing, compiling, and manipulating technical data as well as creating, building, assembling, modifying and/or repairing prototypes
- BS degree in Business Administration (or similar) and 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in inspecting production facilities, both Military and Civilian, observing and collecting observation data.
- Knowledge of Army Base Camps.
- Experience in program management and managing multiple priorities.
- Skilled in developing contract data to meet program needs and mitigate program risk; ability to review existing contract data, interpret meaning and guide others.
- Prepare and present briefings, as required.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
- Thorough knowledge of various equipment items associated directly with Product Manager Field Sustainment Systems (PM FSS)
- Knowledge of a wide range of ordnance information sources to include previously released information and skill to analyze and present the information gathered.
- Experience working with Statements of Work (SOW) for the Government
- Acquisition Level II Certification
- Certified Contracting Officer Representative (COR)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.