Leidos is seeking an IT Specialist to support efforts for NGEN-R; supporting the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Leidos is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Specialist to support the Project Manager as one of the key members of our program team.
The candidate will provide direct support in the execution of the below listed responsibilities.
The IT Specialist will coordinate and collaborate with team members to support solutions, and manage requirements to ensure that they meet end user expectations.
- Assist information engineers in coding, testing, implementation, and documentation projects.
- Conceptualize, design, construct, test, and implement portions of business and technical Information Technology (IT) solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Interact with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
- Define scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Collect, identify, define, and organize detailed user and IT requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirm and prioritize project plans and deliverables with the customer.
- Participate in business and technical IT solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement, and conversions.
- Apply metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria.
- Prepare system documentation.
- Establish and maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents.
- Analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems using appropriate tools.
- Participate in special studies and stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies. Experience in Information Systems (IS).
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Additional related work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Four (4) plus years of IT experience in systems development and operations.
- U.S. Citizen and DOD Secret Clearance, clearable to TS/SCI
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Specialized experience in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Experience with Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Must possess one network and one systems certification such as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification.
- Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, Defense Information System Agency (DISA) and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation.
- Must have experience in documenting processes and procedures and creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field.
- Experience across a broad-range of programs with increasing responsibility.
- Two or more of the following certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (Routing and Switching)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- ITIL V4
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.