Leidos is working closely with the U.S. Navy at Naval Warfare Surface Center Carderock Division. The goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.
Leidos is seeking senior Linux System Administrators to support a variety of sophisticated, state-of-the-art naval training and simulation systems. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position with Leidos. Leidos is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships, surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and Control (C2) ASW systems.
The Linux System Administrator position is responsible for administering classified and unclassified networks of computer systems running the Linux Operating System. This includes maintaining, securing and patching these systems. The position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of Linux based development and operational systems, on both the hardware and software sides of the systems. Duties include updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches. This position is part of the Cyber Space Work Force, working directly with the customer to identify new and evolving security issues, invent, design, and implement solutions, and enhance the security posture of these Linux systems.
The position is expected to identify problems and implement solutions independently. Solutions that may have a more global impact to the team would be vetted by others on the team prior to implementation.
Solutions implemented are not working from a predetermined script. The majority of the time will be spent on the design/development/idenntifying and resolving issues.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 5% of the job.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant job experience and 8+ years related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must have or be able to obtain appropriate certifications to meet DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 requirements
- Expertise certification (such as CCNA, Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE, MCITP-W7, MCITP-Server, MCITP-W10, etc.) is required
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system as almost all of our products run on CentOS or RHEL.
- Fluent using the Linux CLI.
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures.
- Experience with automated configuration management and server provisioning via tools such as Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk, Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor.
- Experience with automated network and system monitoring via tools such as Big Brother, Nagios, SolarWinds.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies.
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in Bash, Ruby, Python, and/or Perl.
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.).
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, ssh, NFS).
- Experience managing and maintaining Linux repositories.
- Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience working in a large, highly available Linux environment.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Git, Subversion, or other CM system.
- Experience with enterprise tiered storage architectures.
- Experience with Windows system administration.
- Basic understanding of cloud technology.
- Red Hat certifications are desired but not required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.