Leidos is seeking a senior-level Active Directory/Exchange Specialist to support efforts for NGEN-R; supporting the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Active Directory / Exchange Specialist will support the Project Manager as one of the key members of our program team.
The candidate will provide leadership in the execution of end user support services for Active Directory accounts and Exchange email services.
- Provide support for the operation, servicing, trouble shooting, and account administration of Active Directory (AD), Exchange, Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), and the Global Address List (GAL).
- Manage the operation, servicing, trouble shooting, and account administration of Active Directory (AD), Exchange, Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), and the Global Address List (GAL).
- Manage end user accounts.
- Perform life cycle events on end use accounts to include:
- Upgrade/downgrade accounts access.
- Delete or transfer network end user data as required.
- Manage web-based active directory (AD) tool for reporting and queries against the end user accounts.
- Manage AD group objects including user accounts, computer accounts, and other group manageable units.
- Perform life cycle events for AD groups to include:
- Create new Groups
- Modify Group attributes
- Modify Group Object Type
- Deactivate and delete Groups.
- Manage the enterprise messaging service to process, deliver, store, and receive email and associated attachments.
- Manage the ability to send and receive signed and encrypted email and attachments using PKI certificates.
- Configure email service to utilize mandated and accredited messaging protocols and configuration to ensure interoperability and remote access.
- Manage server mailbox restorations.
- Manage smart/mobile device email service infrastructures and manage synchronization with mobile capabilities.
- Manage the unclassified and secret capability to access email via a web-based application.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency (GED) and a minimum of 10 years’ experience increasing responsibility in IT Service Management of system solutions operations and maintenance, across a broad-range of programs.
- US Citizen and DOD Secret Clearance, clearable to TS/SCI
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Experience with information technology (IT) and a basic understanding of AD and/or Exchange.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or Productivity or Messaging.
- Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, Defense Information System Agency (DISA) and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation.
- Experience leading teams.
- Must have experience in documenting processes and procedures and creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- At least 8 years of experience across a broad-range of programs with increasing responsibility
- ITIL V4
- VMWare Certification
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs baseline control and adherence
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.