Supervisor System Administrator
Leidos is seeking a Supervisor System Administrator to be based in Washington, DC. The primary role of the Supervisor System Administrator is ensuring that customer needs are satisfied through managing and coordinating specific informational technology deliverables; the overall program/project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirement. Manages company and third-party vendors as well as assures that an integrated software and hardware solution is provided to meet customer's need. Provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise.
Includes responsibility for technical development. Instrumental in overall planning and delivering of services. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
Provides Supervisory systems administrative and technical support servicing a Walk-up Bar located at the customer’s Headquarters in Washington, DC. Will work closely with other members of the team to support Windows PCs, servers, Active Directory (AD) accounts and groups, Exchange mailboxes, and storage management. As required, you will interact directly with Government partners, customers, and Field Operations support personnel and be responsible for additional coordination with other Enterprise Operations teams to meet the needs of the district and division.
Manage and monitor Walk-Up Bar infrastructure to ensure consistent operation.
Follow documented processes and procedures and monitor ticketing system, District and Division incidents and service requests and address local Service Delivery requirements.
Serve as subject matter expert on local PCs, servers, storage, network, and telecom needs and issues.
Escalate local issues to the Leidos Division Manager.
Active participation in security assessments and audits
Other duties may include:
- Server, network, and work group server monitoring and management
- Coordinate and work with network administrators to ensure smooth operation
- Provide technical expertise to local government partners and Field Operations personnel.
- Set up of administrator and service accounts
- Maintenance of system documentation
- Tune system performance
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space
- Have oversight of installation and backup recovery
- Ensure data network availability
- Write and maintain operational documentation and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of prior relevant experience, or Masters Degree with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects; will be responsible for supervising 3 employees.
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 Active Directory Networking Technologies (DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- Security + CE certification or higher.
- Ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance prior to start date.
- Additional server or enterprise administration certifications (MCSA, MCSE, equivalent).
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Prior USACE / ACE-IT experience.
- Cisco Telephony / Router Solutions.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.