The successful candidate will provide engineering and risk management support to the United States Navy Advanced Sensor Technologies (AST) Program Office supporting an airborne radar system. The candidate will also be supporting a prototype development of a maritime automatic target recognition capability-using machine learning techniques. The person in this position will work directly with both the Leidos team and the government program office to assist in ensuring success of all aspects of the programs systems engineering efforts.
More specifically, you will:
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in development and staffing of POM issue sheets supporting future enhancements and capabilities.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed mission scenarios, timelines analysis, and requirements allocations for the capabilities to be delivered to the Fleet/users from approved capabilities/operational requirement documents.
- Define system requirements from customer end user operational needs
- Provide technical support in the development and coordination of contractual documentation such as Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA), Statement of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statement (PWS), and contracts data requirements lists.
- Evaluation of system developer’s contract proposals for technical feasibility and/or Technical Analysis Review (TAR)
- Perform trade study analysis for design studies for future spiral development.
- Support current enterprise risk management process to determine potential program improvements and emerging risks which may impact the system development, production and sustainment.
- Facilitate the weekly and monthly risk assessment processes, including deep dives to facilitate risk identification and prioritization.
- Prepare risk materials for working groups and IPT decision makers.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- 6 years of prior military experience
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience of conflict resolution
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel (data analysis) and PowerPoint (graphics and charts) for executive presentation and reporting purposes
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree in systems engineering
- 3 years of experience in risk management evaluating cost, performance and schedule and project management
- Experience with LSRS (Littoral Surveillance RADAR System) and/or the Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS) system or program office
- Prior USN Naval Aviator
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.