The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Service Delivery Manager to work in our Springfield, Virginia or St. Louis, MO office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your management skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
The UFS Infrastructure Services Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is responsible for delivering IT services to NGA while following agency standards and Leidos processes. The SDM will design and execute short and long-term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs. They will also manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations.
Oversee staff members, facilitate meetings, and ensure that the team meets the required SLAs, while also satisfying the customer’s requirements. As team leaders, Service Delivery Managers use strong communication skills to motivate and encourage workers and use strong interpersonal skills to build customer relationships.
• Supervises staff through continual communication and performance management; reacts to personnel performance issues and manage conflicts.
• Develops and implements work force plans and executes recruitment strategies to fill staffing needs.
• Creates a customer-focused environment.
• Communicates and works directly with other service providers including senior management.
• Works with customer key points of contact to improve information workflow.
• Monitors and manages all facets of the hardware services department.
• Engages internal and external resources to provide proactive maintenance, as well as ongoing maintenance to meet required Service Level Agreements.
• Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills, problem resolution and improved efficiencies and productivity.
• Managing finances and budgets.
• Determining ways to reduce costs without sacrificing customer satisfaction.
• Assessing customer feedback and using your creativity to establish, improve, and refine services.
• Develops technical solutions to complex problems, which requires the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
• Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Conducts trade studies and makes recommendations on solutions and “make buy” decisions
• Manage inbound capacity from receiving through deployment stages
• Manage the installation network and cabling infrastructure in a data center environment
• Guide, train and educate staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
• Manage tasks and deliverables across small to large-size projects
• Coordinate team resources to support project and delivery needs, to include emergency projects, change management and maintenance window support, and potential off-hours and on-call needs.
• Must have a current TS/SCI Clearance with ability to obtain POLY
• Bachelors Degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016.
• Knowledge of Linux servers
• Experienced with Active Directory 2012R2/2016
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, IT Security concepts and practices is required.
• Have knowledge of and ability to work with VMware /ESXI hosted virtual infrastructure.
• Experience with virtualized servers on the VMWare platform and experience in trouble-shooting Outlook in an Exchange connected environment.
• Familiarity, understanding, and experience with the structure, construction, and execution of PowerShell scripts.
• Understanding of network storage concepts and devices.
• Familiarity with performance and performance impacts when securing, monitoring, and supporting Cyber Security Agents in Windows Servers and Exchange.
• AWS Certification
• BIND DNS training/certification
• BlueCat DNS training
• Linux Certification
• Microsoft Server Certification
• Scripting experience
• Domain Admin Experience
• LDAP experience
• Service+ / ServiceNow
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.