The Leidos AIE team has an opening for Systems Integration Engineer. This opening will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of ACS for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center. This position will require travel to Army installations 20% of the time.
Responsible for performing systems integration and engineering tasks relating to AIE systems and applications such as access control systems and software (AMAG), configuration of applications, network engineering to support integration of systems and capabilities from the installation to our systems housed in MilCloud 2.0 at Tinker AFB OK. Duties may include entering and reviewing data within the application, ensuring user data integrity, maintaining support tools, configurations, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements and being the lead for configuration management, owning the technical and architectural baseline of the AIE system, participating in the development of site engineering and system designs and being the SME for physical access control in particular the AMAG COTS product.
Primary duties include:
- Design, engineering, configuration, documentation and operational support for the access control and other systems comprising the AIE suite of capabilities to include RFID, facial Recognition and AMAG and Hawkeye Software Applications supporting AIE.
- Supports the integration, configuration, development and troubleshooting related to the build of systems in our Edgewood MD facility that are being deployed to the field.
- Supports the testing and Help Desk teams to conduct testing of installed and configured systems to ensure proper operation.
- Perform the integration of system and software as required.
- Serves as a Leidos rep to the Program Configuration Control Board.
- Responsible author to maintain CDRL A001, the AIE Architecture Design document
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Requires a Bacehlors degree and a minimum of 8- years of experience to include experience and knowledge of access control systems, electronic security systems, designs,software applications, installation, configuration and troubleshooting (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- Certified in Access Control Systems (i.e. Vindicator, Lenel, Software House, etc)
- College coursework and/or degree in engineering, IFSM, or computer networks are desired. Work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
- Microsoft related certifications and product certifications and A+ desired but not required;
- AMAG Certification preferred
- Certification as a Physical Security Professional preferred
- These positions are “hands-on” positions working as part of a team at our Integration center in Edgewood MD.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.