The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Property Controller to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in Colorado Springs, CO. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The Property Controller will be responsible to track and maintain all data relevant to government-furnished property (GFE), including (but not limited to) location tracking, maintenance data, warranty data and current software load if applicable. The Property Controller will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
- Manage property control activities in support of launch communications systems for a primary location and associated tail sites.
- Ensure continuous accountability of government and company property in accordance with governing regulations and policies
- Assist the logistics team in resolving equipment configuration questions and ensuring parent/child relationships are accurately reflected on the property record
- Maintain 100% accountability over inventories of all program assets.
- Manage government property control and ensure consumable supplies are maintained to provide constant support to the program.
- Maintain control of government property records and constantly monitor consumable supply usage rates and reorder trigger points.
- Update government hand-receipts with asset location changes immediately.
- Monitor purchasing, inventory control system and property records to ensure they accurately reflect inventory transactions, movement and relief of stewardship.
- Perform quality control checks of purchasing and property records to ensure required data fields are accurate and complete.
- Plan and conduct internal audits and supporting Government property audits.
- Participate in risks assessments and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Prepare reports for Government customers.
- Prepare all requests, DRMO/S turn-ins and hand receipt transfers in accordance with governing regulations.
- Use varied approaches to resolve or collaborate on project or program issues.
- Receive, catalogue and inventory items from vendors, customers, additional contractors, etc.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior experience managing government property using a compliant inventory system (SAP)
- Experience in interpreting and complying with FAR Part 45 and 52.245-1 requirements
- Experience in the ten life cycle property management outcomes: acquisition, receipt, records, physical inventory, subcontractor control, reports, relief of stewardship, utilization, maintenance and property closeout.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) audits
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to integrate separate functions into planning or implementing a property management program.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including (but not limited to) Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both internal to Leidos and external (military/government customer, etc.), both written and oral.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
- SAP, SharePoint, NETS, ServiceNow
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Specialized certificate in US Government property management, logistics, and HAZMAT certification preferred.
- Prior property control experience in support of the U.S. military or DoD contractor is a plus.
- Previous experience with local mission domains and customer base is highly desired.
- Familiarity with national systems missions and concepts.
- Continuous service improvement or process improvement experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.