The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Matrix Manager for the U.S. Navy’s Next Generation Enterprise Network – Replacement (NGEN-R) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) program.
NGEN-R SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under this program the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including system engineering, network modernization and transformation, cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The successful candidate will report to the NGEN-R SMIT Vice President/Program Manager and will be responsible for the implementation and management of the NGEN-R Engineering Matrix supporting program customers including but not limited to the Chief Engineer, Domain Architects, System Engineering, Software Support, Cyber Authorization and Accreditation, ITSM Services, and IT Transformation and Modernization projects. As manager of the NGEN-R SMIT Engineering Matrix, the successful candidate is responsible for meeting the requirements of program customers, developing the program’s engineering talent, and maintaining an organization which is aligned to evolving technical requirements resulting from rapid IT modernization and transformation. The successful candidate will develop innovative and effective training and sourcing/staffing approaches. The candidate will also work closely with Human Resources and Talent Acquisition to ensure program staffing needs and team member support is provided. It is anticipated that the candidate will be located in the National Capital Region.
- Develop, implement, coordinate employee redeployment actions to and from NGEN-R task orders as needed to meet demand signals
- Project engineering staffing needs and proactively work with Human Resources and Talent Acquisition to fill gaps as required
- Develop and implement staffing, training and skillset transformation plans which meet the skill mix and staffing efficiency requirements of the standing engineering organizations and projects
- Develop and implement rewards/recognition and career growth initiatives for NGEN-R engineering team members
- Communicate critical and time sensitive program-related information directly to the NGEN-R SMIT Program Manager and Chief Engineer, or other delegated Government program personnel
- Perform as key point of contact for client relations and engage regularly to determine priorities based on the customer guidance
- Engage with NGEN-R SMIT project manager managers, engineering service leads, and team members across NGEN-R SMIT’s nationally dispersed team
- Create a culture which drives continuously improved service delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 12+ years combined experience in IT engineering management, IT project management, and IT project execution; additional specific experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Possess 7+ years of supervising or leading teams
- No initial clearance required, but must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance.
- Located within the National Capital region
- Possesses broad knowledge base with key IT technologies, system engineering, IT processes and life cycle methodologies, technical project execution and management, and IT modernization and transformation
- Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches
- Ability to drive employee culture change and transformation
- Experience estimating technical project and operations costs
- Prior experience managing remote employees and teleworkers
- Experience as second line manager, i.e. manager of managers
- ITIL Certification
- SCRUM Master Certification
- Top Secret or TS/SCI DoD Security Clearance
- Prior experienced with Navy customer and mission partner set
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.