The Government health and safety solutions operation has an opening for a DB2 Database Administrator to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
The DB2 Database Administrator role will provide database management support on mission critical applications that run on IBM DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition (AESE) on Linux/Unix/Window (LUW) platforms. This role will be working on the latest DB2 versions and technologies. Job scope includes installing and upgrading DB2 family products in accordance with applications requirement, problem resolution, and vendor’s support; creating and implementing database objects; projecting data trend and allocating resources allow databases scaling up; consistently monitoring systems health status, and proactively seeking configuration and tuning opportunities to eliminate the potential issues in order to ensure systems stability, availability and performance; helping applications troubleshoot the issues and proposing solutions. In addition to technical skills and motivation to learn new technologies, candidate should have a positive work attitude and good organization skill.
Required Background and Skills
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Solid relational database knowledge as well as proficient problem solving and fact finding working style.
- Worked on major vendor’s database management systems (DBMS), such IBM DB2, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experienced in working on enterprise application infrastructure. Understood multiple tiers application architecture and data flow. Good troubleshooting skill in the complex multi-tier application systems.
- At least 4 years’ experience in enterprise system administration, including software installation, configuration, tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Commit to higher database management standard and security guidelines.
- Proficient in working on Unix/Linux environment and using shell scripting languages developing automation programs.
- Understand the concept of query optimization and performance tuning approaches.
- Good interpersonal skills, and well-developed written communication skills.
- Able to provide 24x7 on call support.
- Well organized, procedures and processes are well documented. Adhered to configuration management and version control policies.
- Working knowledge on database application programming language and API, such as CLI (C/C++)/ODBC, and Java JDBC (Type-2 and Type-4 driver), be able to assist on application issues debugging.
- Familiar with DB2 z/OS, and DB2 Connect concept and product.
- Exposed to Federation Database and Database Replication, i.e., InfoSphere Federation Server and InfoSphere Data Replication Server or similar products.
- Good knowledge on Enterprise Content Management Products, such as IBM DB2/ECM, DB2/UCM, or Oracle Content Management.
- Experienced or aware of HADR, and Data Partitioning Feature (DPF), i.e., IBM DB2 AESE DPF, DB2 PureScale, Oracle RAC.
- Good team player, but can also work well independently.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.