Leidos is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to support the IOSS contract. This is an onsite position located in Hines, IL.
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for creating, implementing and managing expansive database administration programs. The qualified candidate must have experience in reviewing database performance trends, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Applicant must be willing to work weekends and after hours as needed. 8 hours/5 days 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM . This is not open to remote work
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
- .Create and maintain database entities, including instances, databases, table spaces, and tables in support of ITOPS IO administered databases.
Database administration support to handle DBA duties including database customer support,
database security, database deployment, database performance and general database administration and maintenance at Hines Information Technology Center (HITC).
- Make changes to the structure of database meta data and support any application changes.
- Make recommendations of database migration path to insure optimal performance and availability, which shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for review and approval prior to any migration.
- Review performance of databases on the open systems and mainframe platforms and provide and implement COR/VA PM(s) approved recommendations for improved performance.
- Write, modify, and debug database specific SQL and PL/SQL queries.
- Where appropriate, coordinate database administration duties with System and Network Administrators to ensure compatibility with hardware and operating systems configurations.
- Diagnose and correct problems that occur within databases and application interfaces.
- Recommend strategies for problem notification and availability reporting in database software and applications. All recommendations shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Develop disaster recovery strategies, and execute or exercise backup/recovery, high availability and disaster recovery strategies. All recommended strategies shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Develop Security strategies consistent with VA regulations and policies and industry best practices. All recommended strategies shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action, coordinate Contractor specific technical support as necessary.
- Support users, other software Contractor teams, and database administrators with problems, projects, and implementations.
- Analyze database infrastructure to insure compliance with VA security standards, database performance considerations, and reverse engineering of existing database environments.
- When assigned to VA initiatives, develop schedules and plans, communicate progress to management in both verbal and written formats, identify barriers, identify and evaluate alternatives. The Contractor shall participate in fault isolation for database systems.
- When required, develop and submit for approval Configuration Change Management Plans in accordance with ITOPS IO standards. The Contractor shall follow the change management process prescribed by the Chief, Database Support Services when making all changes to production systems.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with five (5) Database administration experience in large data center environment. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance . US Citizenship is Federal Government requirement
- Oracle Database Administration experience required.
- Additional specific experience in the following is also required:
- Oracle Golden Gate (OGG)
- Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- VAULT Solaris 10/11
- Oracle 12C-19C
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Oracle in Cloud
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.