At Leidos, we offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. Join Leidos today and help us meet our mission: To make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, science, and engineering. The Defense Group has a career opportunity for a Software Engineer Intern at our Manassas, VA office. The primary focus will be on systems engineering related to mission systems operations within, or in support of aircraft platforms. You will use your strong background in systems administration or network administration.
• Support of the engineering team in the design, integration, and security posture of products
• Support of Operator Ground Station (OGS), Tactical SIGINT Baseline (TSB), and Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) installation and verification
• Assist with test plan development which validate system requirements
• Assist and support the engineering team with Integration, testing, and troubleshooting of mission systems
• Assist with the development and maintenance of engineering documentation and diagrams
• Current student pursuing engineering, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
• Familiarity with Java, C/C++, or OOP
• Experience with virtualization including creation of VMs, building VM templates, and/or backing up VMs
• Be able to obtain and maintain Security+ certification prior to or within 90 days of hire
• Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
• Minimal local travel may be required
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance, US citizenship required
• Current Secret or TS/SCI security clearance
• Experience with implementing, managing, and administering Domain Controllers
• Experience router and switch configuration
• Familiarity with BASH, PowerShell, and XML languages
• Experience with multi-level security solutions
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.