Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
As a Software Application Services (SAS) Release Operations Systems Administrator utilizing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Application Virtualization (APP-V) for Managed Software Services Release Operations the technician will execute software Configuration Item changes on all thick/thin client workstations across the multiple network enclaves. The system administrator will be responsible for deploying to Production/Enterprise Entities and to ensure the success of any software or operating system deployment to these critical segments. The Release Operations team adheres to industry standards throughout the deployment cycle of: notification, coordination, end point information gathering, actual deployment of the software, and the troubleshooting and resolution of any failed deployments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Systems administration of desktop and VDI systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT Systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/storage/network devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Installs/loads operating system and application software
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- Execution of on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support
- Support requirements for managing installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows workstations, including, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
- Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions.
- Attend meetings weekly and provide weekly status reports.
- Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, and hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels.
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years relevant experience or
- Associate’s Degree and 6+ years relevant experience or
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Years of relevant work experience includes:
- UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
- Experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems such as REMEDY or Service Now
- Experience supporting the IC/DOD
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
- CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire
- TS/SCI required; with ability to pass CI polygraph.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, and Solaris systems
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities is required.
- Must possess strong problem solving and fault isolation skill sets
- Knowledge of the Customer’s processes and procedures and of the Customer’s production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Ability to lift or move various pieces of computer equipment, (max 40 pounds).
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to cold or hot conditions or loud noise.
Education & Experience:
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
"referral bonus eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.