Leidos is hiring a CI/CD DevOps Senior Subject Matter Expert to serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader, functioning as a consultant guiding our customer in architecting and developing the enterprise wide Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment with a focus on GitOps. You will continually assess advancements in technologies to gauge and recommend better solutions for the customer to improve the software developer experience and efficient delivery of software. You will utilize your past and proven experiences in enterprise solutions to make determinations on what works best for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore regarding Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
You are a strong problem solver and you demonstrate critical thinking. You have demonstrated a mastery in a variety of technologies and tools and how they are best utilized in a modern development environment. You have proven experience in managing, implementing and executing large-scale Enterprise DevOps in a Cloud Native environment. You demonstrate extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation and configuration tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication. You demonstrate knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. You are self-motivated and show initiative to research, identify, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
- Bachelors with 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 12+ years
- Excellent communication and written skills to include experience in communicating with and presenting solutions to Executive Management
- Experience with GitOps
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, ArgoCD, and GitLab
- Experience with Kubernetes/OpenShift application platform development
- Experience with Helm
- Experience in architecting and developing CI/CD solutions at an enterprise level
- Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications to a cloud service such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level
- Experience in conducting training sessions and presentations
- Experience in Secrets/Configuration Management/Scripting
- Experience in Microservices development and deployment.
- Experience in API Management Platforms such as Google Apigee
- Experience in Service Mesh technologies such as Istio or OpenShift Service Mesh.
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Git/Bitbucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, UrbanCode Deploy
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology, including three amigos team dynamics
- Experience with testing tools such as Selenium and BDD cucumber
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) practices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.