The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Research Administrator to support the Biological Defense Research Directorate (BDRD) of the Naval Medical Research Center in Frederick, MD. BDRD conducts research and investigates infectious diseases, biodefense, and enhanced global disease surveillance for early pathogen detection and response.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Coordinate, schedule, and track various processes and documents (administrative, financial, and logistical) in support of all research projects in the Department.
- Route technical documentation through scientific review, travel approval, purchasing, public affairs, contracts or publication processes, as required.
- Develop project budgets and ensure periodic spending updates are provided to project sponsors.
- Develop Department administrative procedures to ensure consistent support is provided to all research projects.
- Provide update briefings to Department Head of detailed project status, as required.
- Complete photocopying, compile printouts (briefing packages, audit readiness support, etc.), scan documents, upload audit or financial documents and assist with department administration.
- Schedule, coordinate, and plan meetings and conferences (on-site, off-site, and via telecommunication).
- Organize, document and schedule for various projects or audit as directed.
- Manage purchasing and logistics with administrative requirements as directed.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with 4+ years of related experience
- Specific research administrative or technical support experience is required and may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Computer literacy, advanced Microsoft Office proficiency (including Visio and Project), and a working knowledge of statistical software are required.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Candidates with documented evidence of project management experience are desired.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
- Skills should include a foundational and theoretical understanding of general scientific principles.
- Experience in a human subject or laboratory research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.